Meeting between representatives of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center and the Danish Meteorological Institute
On 5 December 2023, the first online meeting between representatives of the Ukrainian Meteorological Center and the Danish Meteorological Institute was held.
Participants from the Danish Meteorological Institute:
- Thomas Kjellberg Christensen, Deputy Director General
- Gunnar Wedell van der Leeden, Director for Weather and Warnings
- Kristian Thestrup, Head of Defence Weather and Warnings
Participants from the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center:
- -Mykola Kulbida - Director of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center
- Anatolii Prokopenko - Deputy Director of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center
- -Bohdan Masovets - Head of the Hydrometeorology Division of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine
- -Oleh Skoropad - Advisor to the Director of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center on International Affairs
- -Natalia Ptukha, Head of the Department for Relations with Media.
- -Natalia Golenya, Deputy Head of the Meteorological forecasting department.
- Alla Bilozerova, Angelika Ganchuk, Olena Palahniuk- forecasters
- Ruslan Reviakin - Head of the International Cooperation Department
- Anatolii Gavro - Deputy Head of International Cooperation Department
The opening remarks were made by Mykola Kulbida, Director of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Centre, who also told the Danish colleagues in detail about the needs of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Centre for re-equipment and modernisation.
During the meeting, the participants discussed the following issues:
- Automation of the observations system.
- Discussion on priority steps in establishing cooperation with the Danish Meteorological Institute with the possibility of further signing a cooperation agreement between the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Centre and the Danish Meteorological Institute.
- Providing the Ukrainian Meteorological Center with DMI weather forecasting models data.