19 World Meteorological Congress
World Meteorological Congress assembles delegates of Members once every four years to:
- determine general policies for the fulfilment of the purposes of the Organization;
- consider membership of the Organization;
- determine the General, Technical, Financial and Staff Regulations;
- establish and coordinate the activities of constituent bodies of the Organization;
- approve long-term plans and budget for the following financial period;
- elect the President and Vice-Presidents of the Organization and members of the Executive Council; and
- appoint the Secretary-General.
The World Meteorological Congress, the supreme body of World Meteorological Organization (WMO), held its 19th session from 22 May to 2 June 2023. It assembled all 193 Member States and Territories of the WMO.
After the official opening, Members of the Congress discussed the following issues :
- Early Warning for All Initiative;
- Strategic Plan and Budget for 2023-2027;
- Strategic initiatives.
Permanent Representative of Ukraine with WMO Mykola Kulbida, advisor on international affairs of Permanent Representative Oleg Skoropad, head of Hydrometeorological Department of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine Bohdan Masovets attended the official opening.